We’re always looking looking to add a motivated professional to join our team!
Currently seeking a Designer / Colourist Studio Apprentice
• Positive, creative & energetic
• In love with your craft
• Passionate for learning & skill-building
• Interested in a career, not just a job
• A team player
• Organized, punctual & classy
• Professional with a following
• A Licensed Cosmetologist
• Able to work 40 hrs per week
We Can Offer:
Guaranteed hourly compensation, plus commission performance bonuses.
We believe that salon professionals deserve better and that our salon can do better by them. At Bobbi Pins N.Y., we’re committed to leading by example, and creating the change we want to see in the industry. Our designers serve our guests, but our management serves our Hair Designers.
Are you tired of industry “customs?” Salons are plagued with illegal and unethical business practices, causing the overwhelming majority of beauty professionals to be unwittingly exploited by their salon owners. Not at Bobbi Pins. Lead by Nicole Dangio, Bobbi Pins N.Y. offers qualified, licensed Cosmetologists a workplace free of typical labor abuses.
W-2 Employee status. (No “independent contractors” here.) We contribute to our employees’ tax responsibility in accordance with federal law, so you’ll never be shocked with a surprise tax bill in April or stuck without unemployment benefits.
- Free advanced training and continuing education
- Clear wage statements, and NO “product fees,” “redo fees,” “service charges,” or other illegal wage deductions.
- Paid 1 hr lunch break for employees who work 10 hours or more in single shift.
- Up to two weeks unpaid time off annually.
- All back-bar products and marketing provided….
- Comprehensive and fair job descriptions, employee handbooks.
Hair Designer Colourist Job Description
At Bobbi Pins N.Y. Hair Designers are required to follow the policy and procedures in the company handbook, dress to impress (in all black), have hair and makeup well-polished and applied prior to entering the studio by 8:30 am. At Bobbi Pins N.Y. Hair Designers are required to perform hair shaping, colour applications and texture treatments in accordance with our service protocols, using the provided products necessary. Our Hair Designers are expected to prepare their stations prior to each service and break them down afterwards by removing visible debris, disposing of trash, placing soiled towels into the hamper, disinfecting the surfaces and pre-cleaning the used tools with barbicide, ship shape and alcohol (throughout the day). You don’t have to worry about reception duties or client check-in/check-out. Our apprentice and cleaning team washes our floors, windows and bathrooms. We want you to do what you love. We want you to be passionate about your career. We want you to make money while creating, designing, empowering our team and becoming part of our Family
Studio Apprentice Job Description
A Studio Apprentice must have a strong
understanding of a relaxing and rejuvenating salon experience AND 5 star service standards. As a Studio Apprentice, you will assist the lead designers with their daily tasks and maintaining the salon. This is a full time position and salon experience is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Mix colors
- Shampoo hair
- Sterilize tools
- Participate in inventory control & general cleaning
- Support the Bobbi Pins mission statement, policies and procedures.
- Promote services and activities responding to guest inquiries
and/or direct to appropriate sources for information.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy,
service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity and professionalism to
guests and fellow employees
- Follow current Hair Salon CDC and State guidelines
The Studio Apprentice performs these duties to
ensure the efficient operation and delivery of exceptional
guest service at Bobbi Pins N.Y. The Studio Apprentice is instrumental
in impressing the company standards for professionalism and service quality.
The Studio Apprentice also acts as a liaison between
the guests, stylists and reception to facilitate a smooth flow for all the guests.
This is a fast paced, relaxing environment and we need someone who can be conscious of all that transpires each day and catch any issues before they happen. You must be able to interact with the client with utmost warmth and friendliness under any circumstance.