We strive to create an experience that reveals your inner beauty, revives your hair desires, renews your presence and reclaims your essence.
Hey Bobbi Pins Family,
First, I would like to extend gratitude to all of you for the many positive and supportive messages we have received. Thank you is an understatement! I apologize for the delay in update, I have been diligently preparing the past few weeks. So please read its entirety. Showing kindness and patience is the least we can do. Sometimes it’s all we can do. I hope each of you stays safe (and sane) as we each do our part to get through this.
Staying positive during isolation can be challenging especially when you’re in need of your hair service and not sure what’s happening with it. Second, we have taken this time of pause to put many hours of advanced education, restructuring, reorganizing and preparing for our new normal into action. Online training in colour, styling, shaping technique, and overall wellness, to name a few. As we have always been compliant with proper Sanitation procedures, we have all taken it a step further and completed a certification class in Barbacide. You will see posted protocol in the studio when you return to 8 Stony Brook Avenue. Finally, we have some answers to our most recent commonly asked questions we believe will put your mind at ease. Xo Nicole and the Bobbi pins team #we remain your team #growtogether.
When will we re open?
- I do not believe we will be given to go ahead to re-open until after 6/1/20
- We will contact you when we are more secure on an opening date
What safety measures have you implemented to ensure the well-being of your guests and your team members?
We understand your concerns, so we have outdone ourselves in preparing our studio for you! The safety of our team and our guests is essential to us, so we have configured the studio in compliance with the 6 ft apart social distancing order.
- Cleaned and/or disinfected all surfaces and implements
- Laundered and/or disinfected all capes and towels
- Removed any non-essential items throughout our studio, hot beverages and snacks, dining table, waiting area. Guests are welcome to BYO. beverages.
- Initiated contactless methods of scheduling and payment. We will use a card on file if requested for the time being.
- Acquired appropriate personal protective equipment to be used at all times by guests. (team members required to wear masks at all times, gloves except when hair shaping) Mandatory temperature taking for all and Team members.
- Discontinued the practice of hand shaking, hugs and other non-essential contact … for the time being.
- Implemented mandatory hand washing for team members and guests, upon every guest’s arrival and departure.
- Re-trained our team on essential infection control and hand hygiene practices
- Implemented 10-minute turn around time into our schedules to sanitize and disinfect all surfaces between guests.
- Additional measures will be continued protocol until we are told it is safe to return to best practices mode.
Feel free to ask any of us at any time about all that we do to provide for your safety.
Should I reschedule my current reservation to after 5/15 (the current governors mandated end date?
- We will contact everyone once we are more secure with a concrete opening date to move your current reservation, we will do our best to accommodate you as quickly as possible.
- In the interest of fairness Rescheduling will begin as per the previously reserved appointments from March 18. Those of you who had appointments that week will be serviced first. We will repeat that for the following weeks until we are all caught up .
- If you have a specific date & time in which you’d prefer to secure after 6/1 please call and leave a message for us via voicemail. We will do our best to accommodate your request by “moving” any current reservation that you may have previously reserved.
“What should I do with my future standing reservations already scheduled throughout the year?”
- We will reschedule them after we reschedule all appointments from COVID-19’s closure, please be patient.
What if I change my mind after my new reservation is made?
- You will be charged for the valuable time that we could have accommodated another guest with. (hopefully this will eliminate those uncomfortable situations)
- If you arrive to your appointment and decide you do not want a previously reserved service, you will be charged for that reservation.
How do I know what I need for color when I return after going so long without it? And are you scheduling services that take more than 30 min. in the first few weeks of the re-open?
- We will be sending out an email with an easy consultation questionnaire to retrieve valuable information required for us to better manage your color appointment. For example, if you’ve not had any color applied to your roots to cover grey in 2 months, you will most likely require additional color and additional time. (this is an additional charge and we want to be transparent with your cost and the timing required)
- You may also need other services to manage the overall look beyond just the touch up but in the instance of time and fairness to all we will create consultation forms for you and pre book your next reservation to accommodate those additional services beyond the 30 min time frame. Initially in the first two weeks of reopening we will strive to reclaim your hair by offering these select services.
- hair shaping
- retouch (touchups)
- frame highlights
- conditioning treatments
Are you offering a DIY Home Touch-Up Kit for curbside pick-up?
After hours of discussion and checking on legalities I have decided to honor the requests of our guests. We require a waiver to be signed upon pick up. No exceptions Please if you are not well, wait until you are 100%. Remember beauty lies within and we will accommodate you when you are well.
- If you need to band-aid the new growth color only, then this could be a solution.
- For safety and precaution reasons Only guests with level 3 through 8 will qualify for this. So sorry blonde beauties. We will determine if you are a candidate when we receive your phone call request and return your call you to reserve a pickup date and time. Please be prompt as this is time sensitive
- Accepted Form of Payment will be exact cash. $50.00
- Beginning May 6
- pick up days and hours are
Wednesday 12:00 to 2:00 / Thursday 12:00 to 2:00
I’m in need of hair products and I won’t last until my appointment, what can I do?
- So glad you asked! We value providing quality products for you. Our online shop is available 24/7 If you don’t see your specific product, just let us know, we are working diligently to accommodate your needs.
- Styling Retail will temporarily be offered only through the online shop. We do have home care shampoo and conditioner available While supplies last.
I need a gift for someone I love, are you selling gift Cards?
- Well, yes indeed we are! available 24/7 and customizable. check it out shop gift cards
Will there be a price increase considering the devastating impact on the hair salon industry?
- The pandemic has necessitated an update to our pricing tables. We sincerely thank you for your understanding and support during this stressful time. We will begin the new pricing following your first visit back to allow you time to consider the value we offer you in our services. We will have a printout available at the front desk.
- The price increases were unfortunately necessary however, Together we can come up with a new care regimen that will fit into your budget.
Stay safe and well so we can all see each other soon!
Praying all of you are safe staying at home and well. Reaching out to relay a message and request I received from a dear friend Bonnie Morales who is the head of the infectious disease dept at St Catherine’s Hospital in Smithtown. I asked her if there is anything the doctors medical staff or patients need and her reply was as follows …
“At this morning’s board meeting we discussed accepting iPad donations (old are fine, not necessarily new), for the patients to use as they are isolated from family.”
If you or anyone you know has one and is willing to donate, please message me. I will use the Studio for a drop off location and will have a box out in the parking lot on Monday, April 6th at 12:00pm.
I ask that they be wiped with sanitizer prior to drop off.
Thank you all in advance for spreading the word. We are in this together. Be Well All.
April 1 2020
Bobbipins will remain temporarily closed
4/1/20 to 4/11/20
All appointments that were scheduled during this timeline will be honored and rescheduled in the most effective way possible.
We are currently working on updating our website to be more functional.
We are adding online booking. Initially limited services will be offered through this system in order to evolve efficiently. Our hopes are high for this to ease the process of rescheduling. You will be notified when it is complete and active.
Now more than ever, it is with all sincerity that we express Our Commitment To and Gratitude For Every guest who visits bobbipins.
Until we see you again our prayers are with you and your families.
Stay safe and well xo
your Team at bobbipins
March 27th 2020
It has come to my attention that salons in the area have been offering curbside colour. As your team at Bobbipins feels the impact of our current mandatory closing, we stand by our professional obligations, training and guidelines. We will not engage in irresponsible reactions to an already uncertain time.
We care about you … We care about the integrity of your hair … We care about our professional licenses’.
We urge you to resist any temptation to colour your own hair.
p.s. You will regret this like when you use the kitchen scissors to cut your own bangs, only we are talking about chemicals here. The risk is far greater than the reward we assure you. The safest way to get you through until we’re open is to visit: bobbipins online shop. click “Shop”. click shop by brands choose style edit you can purchase STYLE EDIT root concealer either in a spray or a powder.
p.s. Living proof offers a product called whipped glaze, this is not recommended for root touch ups and it will NOT cover grey.
please reach out to us for help choosing color, ordering, etc.
631 751 7177 we are calling in to retrieve messages daily so please leave a message and we will return your call asap.
March 17th 2020
To all of our valued guests at bobbi pins:
In light of the current concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, your Hair Design Team at Bobbipins N.Y. supports being part of the interim solution to effectuate social distancing.
It is with every one’s health at the utmost of priority that I have made the decision to temporarily close the studio effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 to April 1st 2020
We will be closely monitoring this situation in the coming two weeks and make an informed decision as to whether it will be safe to open beginning April 2nd 2020.
The bobbi pins team has been diligently following all the State and Federal briefings and feel this decision is in the best interest of the entire community as a whole
As of Tuesday, March 17, 2020 I will be in the studio to begin the process of canceling existing reservations that are currently in the book. and those reservations will of course be the first to be rescheduled. We will be calling guests next week on Tuesday March 25th in hopes to begin rescheduling for the intended re opening date of April 1st 2020 . It will be a process that we will take great care to manage in the most effective way possible. That being said, I want the entire bobbi pins community to know that we will get through this together as any family would.
Throughout the Temporary Closure
~We will do a complete disinfecting top to bottom inside and out of the Studio following the CDC guidelines.
~Our phones will be monitored daily: we are able to remotely access any messages and return calls as quickly as possible.
~For Our colour guests in need of touchups to remove the “sparkles” we strongly encourage you not to use any boxed colour in the interim. Our Safest Solution (for the time being if you must be in the public eye) is to use the root touch up spray we recommend highly. STYLE EDIT.
PLEASE SEE BELOW for links to our online store and contact us if you’re unsure of what colour to purchase, we will gladly assist you. The products will be shipped directly to your home via our distributer. A safe and smart way to replace any items in the interim without social contact.
~ We will take this time to continue education , master new techniques, brainstorm upcoming promotions , provide informational content , communicate tips on how to maintain the integrity of your hair and ……
~If anyone needs or knows of any individual or families in need during these trying times, please feel free to call and leave a message and myself or a team member will respond as expeditiously as possible. We want to assist you as much as we can.
We thank you all for your patience support and understanding. We appreciate each and every one of you. We consider our community a family and one I as an owner, as well as my staff are humbled to be a part of.
Everyone please remain safe and as we earnestly look forward to when we can re-open our doors to you and return to providing a safe environment where we can all…….
r e v i v e. r e n e w. r e c l a i m. r e v e a l.
With much love, peace and hope, we remain your team
Nicole D’Angio and the entire staff at bobbi pins N.Y
For on-line access to our interim Colour Solution*mentioned above
click on “Studio” & then “Shop”: on the top right of the website
Salon Alliance is a trusted direct distributer to bobbipinsny
To All of our valued guests.
As schools and businesses begin to close due to the COVID-19 virus, we at bobbi pins wish to take this time to keep you advised of what proactive measures we are taking to ensure our guests, stylists and support staff remain safe and in good health.
As of right now, our studio is open. Effective immediately, we have increased deep cleaning by our outside cleaning affiliate. We are practicing the highest degree of sanitation possible before, after and during each of our guest’s visits to us. We are strenuously cleaning all salon tools, surfaces, doorknobs, chairs, handles and capes after each use and constantly sanitizing the entire studio. Our studio stylists and support staff have been briefed, educated and are adhering to proper CDC guidelines on how to prevent the spread of disease, illness and virus’.
In addition to these steps, we are asking our entire bobbi pins community to join in and help keep us all safe and healthy by doing the following.
Firstly, we ask that if you are experiencing ANY symptoms such as fever, sore throat, cough or any flu-like symptoms, have travelled abroad within the last 30 days or have come into contact with any sick persons, you can simply call us to reschedule your reservation to a future date. Of course, we are waving any and all cancelation fees.
Secondly, in an effort to reduce the amount of people in the studio at one time, we ask that you come to your appointment alone. We understand this may be a challenge especially with parents who must bring their children as many of the schools and activities have closed. If you fall into this category, to ensure the health and welfare of the children, we respectfully ask that you reschedule your reservation with a quick call to our reservation desk. Again, all cancelation fees will be waived.
We thank the entire bobbi pins community for their assistance with these steps. Your safety and that of our team members will always be our highest priority. We will continue to monitor this evolving situation. As Federal and State authorities continue to provide us guidance, we are prepared to make real-time decisions for the safety of our guests and studio team members.
Nicole D’Angio and the entire staff at bobbi pins
In light of the current threat of the COVID-19 virus, we at bobbi pins want to take this time to update all of our valued guests of the precautions we are taking to keep everyone safe and healthy. We have instituted the following steps to ensure optimum sanitary conditions in our studio:We are sanitizing our entire salon daily.We are using smocks that have been sanitized after every use. There will be tissues and anti-bacterial wipes at every stations for our stylists and guests to utilize. We are refraining from using any glassware/mugs/cutlery for use with coffee or tea.Our stylists will be compliant in washing their hands before and after every guest. As always, we at bobbi pins are committed to keeping our guests healthy and safe while providing the ultimate in experience and hair design.
Nicole and the bobbipins staff